Tuesday 7 February 2012

Reflections


With Valentine's day quickly approaching I find myself wanting to write a few lines on each of the rose hybrids which make this special day. There are three varieties of roses regularly purchased. I'll elaborate as I go along.  Firstly we have the Grand Prix rose or the creme de la creme of the flower industry.
Love me tender,
Love me sweet,
Never let me go
You have made my life complete,
And I love you so

The Grand Prix rose is exquisite. With its deep rich texture and colours from a deep dark red with the rose petals giving an almost a velvet appearance. The flower heads are large with beautifully shaped petals that only nature can provide.
Love me tender,

Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled.
For my darlin' I love you,
And I always will

The Passion rose, this rose is also beautiful and has been a favourite for many years on Valentine's day. Blood red in colour which differs slightly from it's predecessor the Grand Prix. The petals are a different shape thus giving a lavish overall appearance. 
Love me tender,
Love me true,
All my dreams fulfilled.
For my darlin' I love you,
And I always will.

Finally, we have the Freedom rose. This rose is similar to the Passion  both in colour and petal shape.The rose heads are large and open into big blooms. The Freedom rose comes in from Colombia and at present is the least expensive. 'However, this could all change once people see how lovely it is, the cost will possibly increase."
When at last my dreams come true
Darling this I know
Happiness will follow you
      Everywhere you go.   
         
 "Love me Tender" Lyric's written by Vera Matson 

No comments:

Post a Comment